FOR GLOWING BEACH SKIN
(GB Head of Receivings Karina pretty much has the ultimate beach bod)
FOR SUN PROTECTION
(Getting me to leave the island was like pulling teeth)
• Dermalogica Protection 50 Sport SPF50 - You already know sunscreen is important in protecting your skin from aging, discoloration and skin cancer, but did you know you're supposed to reapply sunscreen every two hours? Add another application each time you jump in the ocean - most sunscreens aren't as water resistant as they claim to be. This is a favorite of ours, as it doesn't clog your pores nearly as much as the stuff you buy at the grocery store (no breakouts, please).• Hempz - Yuzu And Starfruit Daily Herbal Dry Oil Body Spray SPF 30 - Nothing is worse than feeling like a slimy mess from you traditional sunblock that refuses to absorb after you apply it. This light-weight body spray oil from Hempz is perfectly balanced to deliver moisture to skin while helping to protect against the effects of sun damage and harmful UVA/UVB rays, daily elements and sun exposure. Plus, It's vegan and packed with all natural ingredients!
FOR SUN DAMAGE REPAIR
(GB Master Esthetician Michelle doing Tree Pose)
FOR SEXY BEACH HAIR
(GB Director of Operations Jenni rocking her Marilyn-esque style on the beach)
• Pureology Hydrate Shampoo and Conditioner Mini - You really don't need more than the travel sizes of these two Pureology favorites. A little goes a long way, not to mention makes your hair feel like silk.
• Batiste Dry Shampoo Wild - If you should choose to opt out of washing your hair every day (guilty as charged), the Batiste Mini Dry Shampoos are great for absorbing oil and making beach hair last for days.
• Morrocanoil Intense Curl Cream - Curly-haired girls absolutely have to try this curl cream. Odds are, those ringlets are going to make themselves known in humid weather. Instead of going against the curls, own them - this cream will help define and beautify those curly sues.
FOR GLAM BEACH NIGHTS
(It's hard to get a bad photo of GB Marketing Director Jenevieve)
• Palladio Herbal Matte Lipstick in Coral - This shade is kind of like the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, but with lipstick...meaning, it looks amazing on everybody. A great go to for adding a splash of color and fun on vacation (warning: may leave bright orange kiss marks on cute locals).
• Blinc Mascara - I am personally a huge fan of this mascara, as it doesn't smear; in fact, it creates tubes around your lashes that come right off as soon as you wash your face (and not before). Humidity tends to make mascara run, but not with this puppy.
• Palladio Baked Bronzer - You really can't go wrong with adding a touch of glitter to your eyes, cheeks, lips, wherever, when you've already got a killer tan going; bronze and gold, after all, seem to be made for each other.
Posted by Sadie Upwall
SLC-based writer Sadie Upwall is the Director of Social Media, Head Blogger of Talk Beauty, and Event Coordinator of Got Beauty Go Go.