There are few beauty routine horrors worse than the dread of waking up to an enormous unwanted pimple. A few of us have even encountered this sort of drama on such momentous occasions as a first date, family photos, or - dare we say it - on your wedding day. The good news is that untimely acne has been affecting humans for eons, and we've managed to figure out a few remedies to shorten the lifespan to the bare minimum. Based on the professional opinions of skin care experts, here is our top recommendation on the best overnight acne treatment (along with an acne-treatment skincare routine) to nip zits in the bud.
If you're somebody that doesn't usually get pimples and you're somehow stuck with a big honker on your face, one of the very best recommendaitons is the GlyMed Plus Serious Action Acne Skin Peeling Lotion. We're not kidding when we say if you apply a small dab right before you go to bed, you will wake up with a drastically reduced spot to the point where the healing time is cut in half. It contains both detoxifying AND healing properties, so that it accelerates getting to the root of the issue while aiding in the recovery process of the skin.
Of course, to get the very most out of any acne treatment, it must be paired with a proper skincare routine or all your efforts are kaputt. Always make sure to do the following:
• Use makeup remover prior to cleansing
• Try to use the gentlest and most calming cleanser possible
• Don't be too harsh on your face when washing - your skin is precious!
• Try to stick to a calming toner and soothing moisturizer so your skin doesn't get overwhelmed
• A lot of acne treatments can be drying to the skin, so only use as needed on the location of your acne
• Don't overexfoliate - while it may be tempting, it can spread acne bacteria around and exacerbate what you already have. Once or twice a week at most!
Unfortunately, if you're experiencing cystic acne, the only way to heal it quickly is from the inside out. Make sure you're eating plenty of vegetables, getting plenty of sleep, drinking lots of water, and consuming anti-inflammatory food sources such as turmeric and fish oil.
Posted by Sadie Upwall
Project Manager and Editor for the best little beauty business in town.