Brace yourself, world, the Got Beauty girls are coming! Wanderlust has struck bad here at the GB office, and we've found ourselves reminiscing about past vacations and dreaming of new ones. After all, the world is a big beautiful place, and it's only natural that one would want to see it all! For those of you with travel plans in your future, we recommend preparing your ultimate beauty arsenal so you can enjoy novel experiences while remaining true to your own beauty habits and comfort. For this week's blog, the office girls compiled a list of our top travel essentials based on our individual vacations, from the sunny beaches of Cancun, Mexico to the stunning natural beauty of Zion's National Park!
1. Tri Aero Body Infusion Mini - "It's a triple threat: it acts as a volumizer, you can use it as a spray gel, and in a pinch, you can use it as a hair spray! It's great in both humid and dry climates. BIG hair ANYWHERE :) "
2. Hollywood Fashion Secrets Lint Removing Sheets "These are smaller and stronger, and much easier to have on hand than a lint roller. A must have!!"
3. Sewing Kit - "I am a button breaker. Big time. I love this kit because It's compact and all-inclusive...whatever the wardrobe malfunction is, consider it fixed!"
4. Dermalogica Power Firm - "When I have jet lag, if I'm traveling, if I'm bloated, tired, you name it...it takes care of my wrinkled, puffy eyes in a pinch and a jiffy."
5. First Aid Kit - "Clumsy doesn't even begin to cover it. I HAVE to keep this with me when I travel, or trouble usually finds me (usually I find it)!"
Jenni - Director of Operations/One Woman Army
Destination: The Beaches of Oregon
Trip Highlight: Learning about local plants and animals in an awesome wildlife seminar
1. The Squirt Mini Wet Brush - "I really like the wet brush because no matter how tangly and messy my hair is, it runs through my hair so softly and never snags. It's the best brush ever. It's so weird that it's so good. I'm so happy they made it in a travel size so I never have to be without it."
2. Miracle Oil - "I always travel with miracle oil because it can be used for anything. Anything. If I have a blemish, bug bite, a sunburn, an allergic reaction, you name it, it will heal it."
3. Style and Protect Pureology On the Rise Mousse - "A lot of people think mousses are old school, but they have recently become one of my most favorite products. If i want to wear my hair curly, the mousse helps with adding body and also defining the curls, but never makes it frizzy."
4. Hempz Mini Herbal Moisturizer - "I mean honestly, isn't having dry skin on vacation the worst EVER?"
5. Bumble and Bumble Summer Air Dry Kit - "I have naturally curly hair that's always a little out of control and I love that this kit has almost everything I need for my hair. I can just grab it and go!"
Jenevieve - Director of Marketing/Creative Genius
Destination: Zion National Park, Utah
Trip Highlight: Being incredibly close to all the wildlife. Ravens, turkeys, deer, there was so much wildlife!
1. Comodynes Makeup Remover Wipes "I love camping but I do not love feeling filthy. So I've come up with a few tricks to keep myself feeling together while out in the wild. First and foremost, I never leave on a camping trip without my makeup wipes. They are gentle on the skin and smell lovely so I use them all over to stay fresh and on my face to get rid of grime. The packaging makes them super easy for travel."
3. Bumble and Bumble Dry Spun Finish Mini "Since I'm not washing my hair with soap except for a dip in the creek here and there, I use a spritz or two of Bumble Dry Spun in the morning. It doubles as a Dry Shampoo and Style Extender. Cleans out grease and gives me a bit of lift for my messy milkmaid braids."
4. Dermalogica Skinperfect Primer "This stuff is amazing. I wear it every day, even on camping trips. It smooths out my skin, fills in fine lines, gives me a bit of color and some light coverage plus it has an SPF. Love it!"
5. Bumble and Bumble Prep "I like to spritz this on my wavy hair first thing in the morning after a good brush. Tames my wavy hair and revives it for the day. No wash required."
Karina - Head of Receiving/Resident Rock Star
Destination: Cancun, Mexico
Trip Highlight: Beach beach beach!!!
1. Bumble and Bumble Surf Spray Mini - "Pretty much my favorite styling product EVER! Whenever I'm in the tropical weather, I don't like to have to do my hair every day. I just spray in the Surf Spray and it gives volume and texture so I can go with the flow."
2. Batiste Dry Shampoo Mini - "My hair has a tendency to get pretty oily. That mixed with humid weather is a bit of a problem. The Batiste takes all oilyness out of my hair while keeping it looking great between washes."
3. Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel - "It's my favorite face wash! It's good for combonation skin, and I love that it comes in a travel size so I don't have to stop using it."
4. Dermalogica Active Moist - "Again, great for combo skin. I love to travel to tropical destinations, and it is never too heavy on my skin."
5. Tan Towels - "Having a tan while I'm on the beach is a necessity for me, and the Tan Towels don't give me an orangey look at all. Towels are way easier to apply than a lotion or a spray, and you don't get streaky."
Sadie - Social Media Manager/Jackie of All Trades
Destination: Hamburg, Germany
Trip Highlight: Learning about the German culture...I love everything about it!
1. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil - As soon as it came out, I bought the regular sizes of the shampoo, conditioner and Invisible Oil. I am too addicted to go on vacation without it."
2. Dermalogica Barrier Repair - "I have super sensitive skin, which makes it twice as affected by allergic reactions, bug bites, etc. The Barrier Repair speeds up the healing process of pretty much any ailment while simultaneously making my skin super soft."
4. Burt's Bees Lip Balm - "I will not travel without this lip balm. Period. You couldn't get me to set foot on a plane or in a car without it (or out my front door, to be honest). It is the only lip balm that actually heals and hydrates my lips. Plus the peppermint makes them feel cool and tingly!"
5. Paul Mitchell After-Sun Replenishing Masque - "If I'm spending a lot of time in the sun, this is a must for me. Dying my hair blonde can be damaging to begin with, and the sun can be really dehydrating. I'll use this little fella after a day at the beach to keep my strands happy and healthy."
Posted by Sadie Upwall
Project Manager and Editor for the best little beauty business in SLC.